What happened to the fasties?

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Trouty

Postby Trouty » 16 Nov 2008, 15:29

Strange all the fasties didn't catch us slowies till near the waterfall turnoff? Even though our average speed was still pretty slow coming up due to the head wind. I heard on the grapevine that with the absence of Hugh and a few of the other regular fasties - Christian's skinny legs had to drag the crew most of the way. One for the slowies not being too far behind anyway.

...By the way - thanks Wieyun for offering to ride home slow with me, then dragging me on the back of Easts at 48km an hour!!!!!! I'm going to kill you.
Last edited by Trouty on 16 Nov 2008, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 16 Nov 2008, 18:13

After having had a chance to ride with Jo one on one on the return from Sutherland, I can now personally attest to the not so hidden prowess of "Slow Coach" these days. She just about rode my legs off. Ouch! :twisted:
Last edited by weiyun on 17 Nov 2008, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

williamd

Postby williamd » 16 Nov 2008, 19:51

Weiyun

I remember riding the legs off you a few weeks ago when you were lacking your usual level of fitness. :wink:

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 16 Nov 2008, 19:54

I remember riding the legs off you a few weeks ago when you were lacking your usual level of fitness. :wink:
Nay, you were just superhuman that day. :P

timyone

Postby timyone » 17 Nov 2008, 08:25

were a few of the fasties backing up after racing the night before on the central coast, then getting home after 12?

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 17 Nov 2008, 09:14

Christian had a flat and the tube had got itself stuck so it took a bit longer than normal.

Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 17 Nov 2008, 10:11

I heard on the grapevine that with the absence of Hugh and a few of the other regular fasties - Christian's skinny legs had to drag the crew most of the way. One for the slowies not being too far behind anyway.
Thats gold Jo! Where do these rumours come from? It was definately a good day for the slowies on Sunday. Enjoy!

christian

Postby christian » 17 Nov 2008, 14:21

Its all lies. It wasn't me that dragged everyone along, but it was me with the flat that was a pain to change. I was actually in a bit of pain on the way out, legs still a little fried from Saturday nights racing, that and the head wind.

shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 17 Nov 2008, 15:29

Its all lies. It wasn't me that dragged everyone along, but it was me with the flat that was a pain to change. I was actually in a bit of pain on the way out, legs still a little fried from Saturday nights racing, that and the head wind.
Surely with that slim butt of yours that we've seen photographed, you would of been very aerodynamic against that headwind.
Last edited by shrubb face on 17 Nov 2008, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 17 Nov 2008, 15:39

If you had seen how fast Christian was riding at the Gosford track meeting on Saturday night, you would be wondering how he even made it out on Sunday morning. Must of been the large serve of Hungry Jacks after the meet?

This image is for Joanne

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 17 Nov 2008, 20:44

Ok - Two things I remember on Sunday.

Being on a slower and delayed (flat tyre) fast group, having had some steak and red wine with friends the night before, and going into a very strong headwind.

As soon as I crossed the Freeway at Loftus at the lights with the fasties, I was gone.....

Then 20kms by my lonesome self, with all bunches ahead, and no chance of calvary coming up the rear to my rescue...and more headwind........

Only by a sneaky crossover of the freeway just within sight of the waterfall turnoff (shortcut of about 3kms to be exact) did I manage to find a wheel...thank goodness.

That was one thing I remember that morning.

The other was when we took off from the servo. We waz going a pretty good pace up to 44kms per hour.

I kept on thinking where the hell was Weiyun and Jo. There was no way they could have still been ahead of us as we woz really goin it.

But on the back of Easts at 48kms per hour? OK, now I know why yuz guys disappeared from in front of us....

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 17 Nov 2008, 21:01

I kept on thinking where the hell was Weiyun and Jo. There was no way they could have still been ahead of us as we woz really goin it.

But on the back of Easts at 48kms per hour? OK, now I know why yuz guys disappeared from in front of us....
Wieyun and I decided we would be "cycle Parasites" as he called it. Once we were done with the current bunch we moved on to the next one. I wasn't that keen to get on the back of Easts as they were all big fit looking MEN with bulging thighs and lots of testosterone. I actually don't know how Wieyun sucked me into that one. Anyway - Wieyun may have little legs but he had no trouble keeping up with them and he was very thoughtful to sit back with me on the few times they started to get away from me. We kept up with them most of the way.

Also CORRECTION: Rumour was incorrect and Christian wasn't doing all the work - he tells me he was bludging so it must have been Simon hauling every one else.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 17 Nov 2008, 21:29

keen to get on the back of Easts as they were all big fit looking MEN with bulging thighs and lots of testosterone. I actually don't know how Wieyun sucked me into that one.
Yeah.....yeah.....

Now I know why you were able to go 48kms per hour without any problem for your first time - and sustained as well. Nothing to do with Weiyun's encouragement.

Return to “Road”