A quiz for all bums in our club

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
geoff m

Postby geoff m » 06 Jul 2009, 22:56

Ok techies, and bums out there. Here's one for you.

After riding in Heffron Park last Saturday, I realised that one of the metal supports in my Selle Italia (125 grams) seat had snapped and my seat was lopsided. Its very unusual I am told, although maybe its a sign to lose some weight.

So, I will need to buy a new seat. I haven't found the Selle Italia seat that comfortable, like my Trek one on my other bike (Bontager?) but its certainly less than half the weight.

Anyone got any recommendations for comfort and weight. I don't want to spend much more than $100?

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 07 Jul 2009, 00:37

saddles are really personal things. Something one person finds comfortable another won't. Generally it's a matter of trying multiple saddles and finding a shape that suits, then you've usually got an idea on what will work.

So look for something with a similar shape to a saddle you find comfortable.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 07 Jul 2009, 02:10

How exciting was that break by Columbia!!! It also puts Lance infront of his rival team members - for the time being.....

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 07 Jul 2009, 02:12

Certainly made it interesting to watch, and good to see it was finished off!

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 07 Jul 2009, 08:34

Selle Italia's SLR series is one of the more popular saddles out there, liked by many. Otherwise I understand that Fizik Arione is also popular (JamesM has one on his Scott). But agree with JamesF, it's a personal issue.

One thing to consider though is the width of your sit bones. Specialized makes a big scientific deal out of it with a measuring device for dealers to use. You may want to at least get a baseline of the width of your sit bones and go from there.

Return to “Conversation”