Photographer needed for RAW this week

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 21 Sep 2009, 11:15

Hi all, wearing my Publicity Officer's hat, I want to put out a big, bold press release announcing our likely very strong result* in RAW. An essential element of that release will be some photos, but sadly I cannot make it to Dunc Gray this week to do it myself.
So ... can anyone get a few shots for us and send them through to me?
The "money shot" would be one DHBC guy, one gal, in team jerseys, embracing and holding winners medals against a plainish background.
By all means get some team shots too, but I am pretty sure editors will find the simpler two shot of two folks a more attractive proposition than a team shot with lots of small indistinct faces. Sorry - that's the reality of what photo editors want!
By all means also get as many team and individual shots as possible, as they will feature in a new club newsletter that will debut real soon now.
Can anyone help?

Simon

* I don't want to jinx the club by getting ahead of myself and saying what that result will be

G

Postby G » 21 Sep 2009, 12:07

Hi all, wearing my Publicity Officer's hat, I want to put out a big, bold press release announcing our likely very strong result* in RAW. An essential element of that release will be some photos, but sadly I cannot make it to Dunc Gray this week to do it myself.
So ... can anyone get a few shots for us and send them through to me?
The "money shot" would be one DHBC guy, one gal, in team jerseys, embracing and holding winners medals against a plainish background.
By all means get some team shots too, but I am pretty sure editors will find the simpler two shot of two folks a more attractive proposition than a team shot with lots of small indistinct faces. Sorry - that's the reality of what photo editors want!
By all means also get as many team and individual shots as possible, as they will feature in a new club newsletter that will debut real soon now.
Can anyone help?

Simon

* I don't want to jinx the club by getting ahead of myself and saying what that result will be
Thats your money shot right there :D

simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 21 Sep 2009, 12:54

Oh well, I guess this time next week we'll be an all-male club ...

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 21 Sep 2009, 12:56

i can do it if you want, gives me a reason to bring out the camera gear i have.

simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 21 Sep 2009, 13:00

i can do it if you want, gives me a reason to bring out the camera gear i have.
You're it.
Congratulations for ignoring the "Never volunteer for anything" rule.

I'll PM you my email addy so you can send me the booty.

This does not rule out other helpers, of course!

G

Postby G » 21 Sep 2009, 14:02

Oh well, I guess this time next week we'll be an all-male club ...
lolz... why would you make such a strange guess?

simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 21 Sep 2009, 15:07

lolz... why would you make such a strange guess?
'Tis but an attempt at humour, given the frequent jibes one hears about the ... erm ... appreciation that folks of all genders often express about budgie smugglers :D

G

Postby G » 21 Sep 2009, 15:34

'Tis but an attempt at humour, given the frequent jibes one hears about the ... erm ... appreciation that folks of all genders often express about budgie smugglers :D
I don't know wot kind of appreciation you have been hearing, but in the words of a lady from our club, any fit guy would look heaps better in them. When I asked about wot they consider as "fit," they replied all the DHBC riders are fit to pull them off. Also, one of the girls at the cafe admitted that some girls may not openly admire them, but they all secretly admire them :D

orphic

Postby orphic » 21 Sep 2009, 20:45

I'm looking into joining Sydney CC. I've confirmed they don't have any budgie smuggler wearing members.

G

Postby G » 21 Sep 2009, 20:48

I'm looking into joining Sydney CC. I've confirmed they don't have any budgie smuggler wearing members.
Wot's Sydney CC?

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 21 Sep 2009, 20:59

newsletter that will debut real soon now.
Can anyone help?
Hi Simon,

I am pretty sure Stuart is coming out this week aswell, so he can take some shots too.

I have to admit the shot of the budgey smugglers are are a winner

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 24 Sep 2009, 11:28

I'll be at RAW this Friday for my one and only appearance with the DSLR and the video camera. Can't operate both at once so if anyone else is spectating and can operate a video camera that would be great - also, I need a real flash for the DSLR if anyone has one to suit a Nikon D90.

Also - I can do the money shot no worries although it's different to the one that Girls Gone Wild want - The "money shot" would be one DHBC guy, one gal, in team jerseys, embracing and holding winners medals against a plainish background.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 24 Sep 2009, 14:33

might leave it you then stuart means i can do my usual sit around and talk crap between races.

G

Postby G » 25 Sep 2009, 13:48

might leave it you then stuart means i can do my usual sit around and talk crap between races.
hee! hee! Look at your avtar :D

Return to “Conversation”