Photos Tonight for Bike and Climate Action Project

For all things Velodrome
Paul Boundy

Postby Paul Boundy » 21 Oct 2009, 10:55

Hi
I'm from the Marrickville and South Sydney Bicycle Group - Massbug.

I know a few DHBC members and have met some more members at the Saturday Slowies ride.

I heard that many of you would support this project and so I'd like to let you know about it in advance of tonights Track training. (Wed 21 October)

I'd like to take photos of 10-15 track cyclists with their bikes tonight.

This is my project:
I am taking 350 photos of cyclists with there bikes in the Marrickville and Inner West Area (I currently have around 320 cyclists photos).

The photos are to illustrate the diversity of cyclists in this area and through the diversity of cycling and people, that cycling is a mainstream activity and needs greater support by council and higher levels of government.

The number 350 is significant as it is the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere that we need to stabilize climate: ie 350 ppm (parts per million) The current level is 385+ ppm.

My project is one of thousands around the world that are supporting the 350 message. This Saturday is the International Day of Climate Change and we will see lots of actions around Australia in the Media.

For more info see www.350.org and also see
www.massbug.org.au and follow the links to the 350 projects.

Thanks in advance and I hope to see you tonight.
(I have spoke cards if you'd like to put them in one of your less precious bikes).

Cheers
Paul Boundy

timyone

Postby timyone » 21 Oct 2009, 16:20

sounds good :D

Paul Boundy

Postby Paul Boundy » 22 Oct 2009, 09:07

Thanks again to everyone that let me take your photo at the track last night.

I'm tempted to have a go at track cycling one day perhaps soon.

I will email you some info about the project in the next fews days, although I have a packed scheduled for the next fews days so check www.massbug.org.au if you want more.

Note This Saturday is the 350 day (International Day of Climate Action) and it is shaping up to be the biggest action of its kind ever. If you would like to participate, go to www.350.org and use the search or event Map to look for events in Sydney or Newtown etc. (It can be slow so be patient). There is a gathering at the opera house and another at the Newtown Hub.

If I have time I may drop in again next week, or even tonight for the roller training for a few photos if that's OK.

If I can, I'll ask some of the parents if it ok to photograph some of the younger kids to show more diversity. I prefer to include a parent in the photo to show the relationship and also that you give permission.

I would like to use a few of the shots I took from the side of the track for the public exhibition. I can forward them to Lindsay or anyone that wants to see them first.

Thanks
Paul Boundy
Massbug

Return to “Track”