Please vote on new DHBC Crit format!!!

Road cycling & upcoming rides

New Crit Fromat

Keep current handicapp format
No votes
Have up to 5 grades A,B,C,D & E based on entry numbers with racing run on a particular time for each grade pluse 3 laps. For example A grade could be 45 mins plus 3 laps, C grade could be 30 mins plus 3 laps.
56%
Continue handicapp racing for A,B & C but have a seperate timed race for D & E
44%
Try running racing as a tag team event (ie madison) with strongest rider paired with weakest
No votes

Total votes: 16

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 20 Dec 2009, 10:13

Hey guys due to issues with running this event & the difficulty of handicapping this event the format needs some revamping so that slower riders get a proper race. I've made a poll to see what is most popular & I will choose based on popularity & the capacity for the most popular choice to run!!

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 20 Dec 2009, 11:29

Hi Simon,

Perhaps we should base it on numbers on the day. Pick a figure, for example;
- less than 15 - graded handicap
- between 16 and 25 - A,B,C graded handicap. D,E scratch race
- 26+ Graded scratch races

Personally it doesn't concern me if you combine grades, for example if there is only 2 A grade riders on a day, I have no objection to doing a A,B combined scratch race.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 20 Dec 2009, 11:56

Hi Simon,

Perhaps we should base it on numbers on the day. Pick a figure, for example;
- less than 15 - graded handicap
- between 16 and 25 - A,B,C graded handicap. D,E scratch race
- 26+ Graded scratch races

Personally it doesn't concern me if you combine grades, for example if there is only 2 A grade riders on a day, I have no objection to doing a A,B combined scratch race.
Yeah I was discussing it this morning & we already kind of decided that. But I'm still interested in what everyone thinks is the most exciting prospect.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 20 Dec 2009, 12:23

Regardless of what format you put on, its great racing and it was great this morning. Thanks for putting it on Simon and thanks to Chris for running it.

simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 20 Dec 2009, 14:59

I second Mike's sentiments: onyas to Simon L and Chris for making it happen.

S.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 20 Dec 2009, 17:33

Hey Simon,

My only feedback would be that D / E graders know they don't really have a shot at winning, and for us it is more about a good work out. I like the format where there are separate winners for different grades as it does mean you have to push yourself. Having said that...unless you know the numbers, this is hard to organise. I think no matter what format, it's great as it really is a fantastic change from Waterfall, so thanks for organising.

paul

Postby paul » 21 Dec 2009, 19:50

I can't say I really understood the rules, so I just went as fast as I could for as long as i could and was pretty pleased to stay with C until about 4 laps from the end.

Here, here to Mikes comment. Regardles of the format, these crits are great fun and a big thank you for organising.

Paul

micklan

Postby micklan » 21 Dec 2009, 20:51

Yes I must second or third the thanks for the organization of this event. The greater numbers make it all the more fun, and we discussed its fitness benefits being as good as a waterfall ride.

I've only raced the graded races at Heffron - thus staying on for an ABC graded handicap is my aim :D

shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 23 Dec 2009, 09:34

I havent voted because im not really that bothered which format we race. Given how much i love that circuit we could be racing on tricycles in a 24 hour event and id still be happy.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 23 Dec 2009, 10:42

I've had another thought about the graded handicaps. My 2 bob
- Reduce B grade to a true one lap handicap
- Split C grade into 2 grades C1 and C2
- Give D and E grade another lap
- Start order A, B, C1, C2, D, E
- Start delay 5 seconds between groups, so in 25 seconds we are all off

Return to “Road”