Membership

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Manny

Postby Manny » 19 Jan 2010, 16:35

A couple of weeks ago at Sat. slowies there was an announcement that memberships are due for renewal. I just payed for my membership not too long ago but haven't received any receipt as of yet and also applied for my recreational licence which I haven't received anything yet. I suddenly realise that I want to enter in some races in the near future but cannot with the rec. licence. How do I go about upgrading to a race licence even though I don't have any receipt of the rec. licence yet?

othy

Postby othy » 19 Jan 2010, 17:31

Talk to Lindsay. When I did it you only had to pay the difference to upgrade (probably still the same). The receipt he gives you is enough to race with until your license arrives.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 20 Jan 2010, 10:48

A couple of weeks ago at Sat. slowies there was an announcement that memberships are due for renewal. I just payed for my membership not too long ago but haven't received any receipt as of yet and also applied for my recreational licence which I haven't received anything yet. I suddenly realise that I want to enter in some races in the near future but cannot with the rec. licence. How do I go about upgrading to a race licence even though I don't have any receipt of the rec. licence yet?
It kinda depends on how you paid for it? Did you go through Cycling Australia (CA) or through DHBC? Hopefully you paid on-line via CA. If so, ring them up and give them your receipt number (right, you said you don't have a receipt). They can then re-set their on-line systems so that you can pay for an upgrade - well, this is how it used to work anyway. Best bet is to ring CA direct. If you paid DHBC using a form it's more complicated - who did you pay and when? BUT I'd still recommend calling CA direct for assistance. CA's number is 02 9339 5800 or email info@cycling.org.au
Last edited by Stuart on 20 Jan 2010, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Toff

Postby Toff » 20 Jan 2010, 16:21

I got my racing licence in the mail this week. I paid for it online at the CA website, and CA did not e-mail me a confirmation or receipt number. Strangely, though, when I was speaking to Lindsay, he said he did get a receipt of my payment!

So, I agree with Stuart's suggestion, but if you need a receipt, you can sometimes be surprised to discover the info that Lindsay has.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 20 Jan 2010, 17:50

I paid my 2010 license on 31/12/09 and received an automated email receipt with number from <joanne.cameron@cycling.org.au>. So there's definitely a system in place. If you don't have it, then best to check your spam box and add cycling.org.au domain in the white list.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 20 Jan 2010, 20:38

I paid my 2010 license on 31/12/09 and received an automated email receipt with number from <joanne.cameron@cycling.org.au>. So there's definitely a system in place. If you don't have it, then best to check your spam box and add cycling.org.au domain in the white list.
Same with me - I paid on 17/12/09 and got a receipt from the same address.

Toff

Postby Toff » 21 Jan 2010, 11:42

Same with me - I paid on 17/12/09 and got a receipt from the same address.
Same with me, but I never got a receipt, although Lindsay did. I get other CA e-mails, like Spoke'n Word, and have already white listed the cycling.org.au domain. My SPAM folder was empty. CA just did not send me a receipt.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 21 Jan 2010, 12:53

I think you have a different definition of receipt to what some of us accept as a receipt.

Toff

Postby Toff » 21 Jan 2010, 13:10

What definition do you have Weiyun? CA never sent me any confirmation or acknoledgement of my payment in any form, e-mail or otherwise. In fact, when I received my racing licence this week, there was no receipt in that envelope either, apart from the implied receipt by virtue of the fact that I now hold a current licence.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 21 Jan 2010, 14:59

I am confused as your earlier reply to Stuart's post was,
Same with me, but I never got a receipt...
The email sent by CA following membership payment the following,
=Billing=

Name: xxxxxx

LicenseNo: xxxxxx

Club: Dulwich Hill BC

Category: MMAS4

This receipt is proof that such person has paid membership fees. This receipt must be produced when competing in all cycling events under the auspices of Cycling Australia (including club and state events) until your license card is received. This form does not replace a license and is only interim proof of membership. This receipt is valid for one month from the date of payment.

If you have any membership enquires please phone on 1300 130 841 or your State Federation.

Billing Total: $ xxx.xx
Pay Date: 12/31/2009
Summary: Mandatory Dues Total

*Event Address:

Thanks again for paying your dues.

Cycling Australia
So if you had the same, then the receipt was in that email you received. So given that your later qualified to say that you never received any email, then you clearly didn't have the same. Getting dizzy here. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Toff

Postby Toff » 21 Jan 2010, 16:03

Well, as you quoted, I said "Same with me, but I never got a receipt..."

So, yes, I paid on 31/12/2009 just like Stuart, and as I said, they did not send me a receipt by e-mail or in the post.
So if you had the same, then the receipt was in that email you received.
I thought I made it clear that I did not get an e-mail, or a receipt of any kind. I never got any acknowledgement that I had paid, even though Lindsay did. When I said I did not get an e-mail from Cycling Australia, I wasn't joking!

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 21 Jan 2010, 16:25

So, yes, I paid on 31/12/2009 just like Stuart, and as I said, they did not send me a receipt by e-mail or in the post.

I thought I made it clear that I did not get an e-mail, or a receipt of any kind. I never got any acknowledgement that I had paid, even though Lindsay did. When I said I did not get an e-mail from Cycling Australia, I wasn't joking!
I paid on the 31st and Stuart on the 17th.

Anyway, CA's registration system clearly has an automated email receipt function and one needs to look at one's own email set up if these emails regularly disappears.

Return to “Conversation”