Monday nights track training returns "back to Basics"

For all things Velodrome
Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 26 Jun 2010, 11:48

It's now official since monday nights 'race till raw' has not run now for about 2 months, partly due to weather and more recently due to lack of riders. We will return to standard training on Monday nights at Tempe Velodrome.

I have had a chat to Lindsay about our current numbers problem which seems to happen every winter and we decided that the best way to solve this problem is to get more riders by encouraging new riders to start. So Lindsay is going to run basics training for new riders and I will push a techniques based anaerobic traning regime.

Typically it will be track open at about 5:30pm with a good chance for new riders to get a roll around between 5:30 & 6:30pm when no body else is present. Then we will have a motor pace styled 30-100 lapper to warm up (10-30kms). Followed by whistle sprints for starts training and then either a sprint styled event like lead outs, some learn to madison training, team sprint traning or an italian pursuit or maybe something else abit different like a madi-team pursuit challenge.

Cheers Simon.

shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 26 Jun 2010, 13:09

Sounds like a good idea simon. Id also like to get a book going and record standing start times, as starts are all something we need practise at.

Karzie

Postby Karzie » 26 Jun 2010, 13:59

It's been great anyway, Simon. I really enjoyed the intro to racing. Thanks to everyone for their help. Now RAW has actually started, Monday night training would be good, 'cos I can't do wednesday nights.

orphic

Postby orphic » 26 Jun 2010, 15:40

Sounds good. I am generally pretty tired on a Monday after the weekends riding but I would love to come down and just focus on things like standing starts (I suck at them!). So if that can be accomodated I will be there every week :)

jbcow

Postby jbcow » 26 Jun 2010, 19:32

fair call. It does feel a bit quiet on Monday nights especially. I'll try and entice a few fixed fellas that I know into the fold.

timyone

Postby timyone » 27 Jun 2010, 12:45

any one riding raw, should be doing 3 to 6 starts a week, for raw, they are amazingly good training for all the sprint events, riders like dicko and browny get a lot of points from their long history of start training, and the one lap screamers etc etc are great for them.

The things to focus on are doing both leg starts, and perhaps sitting or standing.

Focus on your up strokes, not your down.

You dont need any one else to be doing them, just go up to the back strait and lean against the fence if no one else is doing them.

Return to “Track”