Amy Gillett Share the Road Tour Gala Dinner

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Stuart

Postby Stuart » 22 Oct 2010, 06:33

OK. This may seem expensive @ edit: $250 a ticket for dinner all inclusive ($150 is tax deductible). It's a very worthy cause and you get to meet Cadel ... Please PM me ASAP if you or anyone you know is interested. edit 2: Discount only for Club 500 members ...

2010 Share the Road Tour Gala Dinner Monday 8th November
Attire: Smart 6.30pm for 7pm
The Menzies, 14 Carrington Street, Sydney
$250 /ticket or $1,800 for a table of eight (GST inc) $150 of each ticket treated as a tax deductible donation
RSVP: Monday 11th Oct Ph: 02 8030 9230
info@amygillett.org.au
Enjoy a Gala Evening with Cadel Evans, 2009 World Road Cycling Champion and Phil Anderson, AGF Patron & Australian Cycling Legend
Hosted by Stephen Hodge, five-time Tour de France cyclist

And with special guests
Mary and Denis Safe, Amy’s parents
Rochelle Gilmore, Australian Pro Cyclist
Rupert Guinness, Cycling Commentator
Live Auction: AGF jersey signed by the Australian Team, 2010 Road World Cycling Championships

More info:
The Amy Gillett Foundation is committed to make a tangible difference to improving the attitudes of both motorists and cyclists on our roads – a quest for shared respect to ensure the safety of all.

A major step forward in working to achieve this is our Share the Road Tour 2010. Commencing from Sydney’s Circular Quay and being launched by Cadel Evans and the Sydney Lord Mayor Clover Moore on Tuesday November 9, a team of riders will cover 832km over six days to raise funds for the Foundation. To top it off, they will cycle shoulder to shoulder with many of Australia’s cycling greats including Phil Anderson, Rochelle Gilmore, Stephen Hodge, Matt White & the Foundation’s current AIS Scholarship recipient, Rachel Neylan.

Gala Dinner – Monday 8 November
To celebrate the commencement of the Tour, and the ‘arrival’ of the Foundation in Sydney, the Amy Gillett Foundation is holding a Gala Dinner at the Menzies Hotel in Sydney on Monday the 8th of November, 2010.
We would be delighted to celebrate what will be a most spectacular evening with you, colleagues, friends and family. Even better, why don’t you secure a table?

A live auction will include the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase an Amy Gillett Foundation jersey, signed by the 2010 Australian Road Cycling Team who competed in the recent World Championships in Geelong – including Cadel Evans, Stuart O’Grady and newly-crowned World U23 Road Champion Michael Matthews!

Please find the Gala Dinner attached, we pleased to offer a 20% discount for tickets to Club 500 members bringing the ticket price to $200.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 22 Oct 2010, 17:30

Sounds like a good deal, Stuart pays and I get to see Cadel.

Toff

Postby Toff » 25 Oct 2010, 16:02

I would have potentially put my name down for this, but I will be interstate. Bugger.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 24 Nov 2010, 17:55

so here's a pic of Joanne & Eleri with a legend of Australian cycling, Mr Phil Anderson at the dinner. To Jo's dismay Mr Evans was off limits for photo's and I missed having my pic taken with the very lovely Rochelle Gilmore who had on a totally fabulous frock indeed ....

Return to “Conversation”