new road reports page up and running

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 19 Sep 2007, 02:42

G'day guys i've just added a road reports page to the website , I thought all the reports that people gave of the Grafton were just too good to go to waste so I added a page.currently it's linked through the photo down the side of the page. I'll change that photo so it say reports or something on it but if anyone has any ideas how to make the page more visually pleasing I will take any suggestions & If people want to give a report of any racing particularly opens they can be added also....

http://dhbc.org.au/index.php?pr=road3

Cheers Simon....

Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 19 Sep 2007, 12:01

thanks Simon, great idea.
btw: do we have any before and after shots from the grafton?
I'm dying to see the photos of us after the race.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 19 Sep 2007, 12:23

Simon, that looks great.

It means we can preserve some of the commentary which would normally get lost at the back of the discussion threads.

Are you planning to put in lessor club races such as Menangle?

What about any commentary on Heffron?

Cheers

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 19 Sep 2007, 13:18

Suggest that they be reserved for those major races or particularly spectacular report.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 19 Sep 2007, 15:30

I'm open to suggestions with what goes up on that page. I mean you could put up your heffron reports if you like I'm just not sure if anybody would read them later on? & we'd have to come up with a good way of storing them because there would be so much of them.

I was actually going to put up a report on Menangle but no one actually wrote a descent report in the discussion so there was nothing there to use. I like the reports with multiple perspectives the most, like the Grafton because you get so much more of a feeling of what the race was like, everybody has their own story to tell...

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 19 Sep 2007, 19:40

what'a'ya mean no one wrote a decent race report.

Are you telling me my potential for sports journalism is nil?

Didn't you get the exciting rush and thrill of being in the race from my most exciting, blow by blow account in my race report!!!

http://www.dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic. ... 7&start=15

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 19 Sep 2007, 22:12

Aright I didn't read the second page of that thread but it was after 2am in the morning and I"m on night shift, if it wasn't a cut and paste job there would be a tone of spelling mistakes also....

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 19 Sep 2007, 22:15

Its OK - sounds like my journalism career could be OK after all......

Seriously, but, the site is starting to look good with all those photos and race reports, etc.. .Nice job

Return to “Road”