webpage updates...

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 24 Oct 2007, 00:53

I've just upgraded the track page to a new and easier to navigate set up. I will make the panel more readable next.... Just lighten the photos and darken the writing... The road page will probably be next...

http://dhbc.org.au/index.php?pr=Track

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 24 Oct 2007, 01:36

Guys for the road page here's what I"m after....

A guide to buying a road... Anybody can write it, or a few people and we'll combine them. Mainly looking at different ranges, values for money, materials, good frame versus good group set in cost. Quality versus value for money in groupsets/frames. campag, shimano SRM. that sort of thing. I"ll write it myself if nobody is interested....

THen I want to expand the meet the riders section to include the road and social riders... so general questions;

Name:
How you first came to ride the road/track/social ride:
What other kinds of bike do you do?
Other stuff:

Also an opens calender of the seasons opens racing would be good

I'll put the race reports section in

& maybe eventually a guide to building a road bike...

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 24 Oct 2007, 10:36

road is updated. I'll change the sections when there are more sections to add...

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 24 Oct 2007, 16:21

I'm not sure what to put for buying a road bike, but i think the main thing is budget. Work out the budget and then if you don't have shoes, helmet, everything you need when riding, etc, take $400-500 off the budget to cover the expenses to get you on the road.

I'll write up my meet the riders bit when i've got some free time.

Opens calender might have to wait until next years is released, though i'll make a list of races to put up, and dates can be added later.

As for building a road bike, i can get that done early next year when i get my new frame. Though my touring bike will probably get some changes soon, so i can do something on that if you want.

timyone

Postby timyone » 24 Oct 2007, 22:18

nice work simon!!!!!

Toff

Postby Toff » 25 Oct 2007, 23:52

I'd like to see a classifieds section, where we can post stuff we want to buy and sell.

Re the article on buying a bike... Couldn't you just copy one of the hundreds already out there, and then just add some Sydney-specific shop info and pricing?

Toff

Postby Toff » 25 Oct 2007, 23:57

Just had a look at the new track page. Nice work Simon.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 26 Oct 2007, 19:43

Hey I'm happy to create a classifieds page, but does someone want to sell something so it isn't bare?

Last weekend me, Grant & Huw went round most of the bike shops in Sydney, promoting our open with posters and we were going to write a review of each bike shop. What their good points are, like cell bikes for value & rocky point road for track stuff. But it is a bit too political, since we all know people from each of the different shops & I don't have the courage to criticize any shop because I"ll more than likely meet someone who works there at an open sooner or later. I value the friendships...

But by all means a classifieds for our club is a good idea if anybody wants to sell....

Toff

Postby Toff » 26 Oct 2007, 20:22

Well, it doesn't have to be a classifieds section in the traditional sense. more of a buy/sell/swap/lend arrangement for people to access parts, etc.

When I was looking for a track bike a few weeks ago I realised how useful it would have been. Another example is the post I've just made about the fixie frame I'm giving away. Club members can have it for free, but non club members would have to pay. This way it promotes joining the club.

I would suggest a seperate section of the forums, where people could place for sale or wanted ads, but with the ability to close off or delete old threads once items had sold.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 26 Oct 2007, 21:08

Yeh sounds like a great idea. We'll have to get on to James C though, he set up the whole thing & knows how to add to the forum. Otherswise Lindsay may know how to?

Return to “Conversation”