Terrible Accident Beach Road

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
geoff m

Postby geoff m » 25 Dec 2008, 21:16

Terrible to hear of the accident for two brothers cycling the popular Beach Road in Melbourne. We wish them well and a speedy recovery at a time of the year families should be together and safe.

Surprising since Beach Road is the mecca for cyclists with over 10,000 cyclists going up and down the road on the weekends. I probably shouldn't speculate on the cause. It does remind us however of the personal risk we all choose when we take to the road.

Let's pray we hear of a good recovery for our fellow cyclists - the two brothers.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/cycli ... -74vc.html

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 25 Dec 2008, 21:20

That reminds me. My brother in law was telling me that either yesterday or the day before, a cyclist without a helmet was tearing down Wardell Road, when a four wheel drive came out from a side street, right near the Budget Servo near the bridge going over the Cook's River.

His impact badly damaged the four wheel drive and he was on the road being tended to, apparently concious.

That's the report from my brother in law. Not sure if anyone else heard about this, or knows how he fared. Hopefully he is OK as well.

timyone

Postby timyone » 26 Dec 2008, 14:28

from behind :(

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 29 Dec 2008, 06:49

Sadly, one of the Melbourne cyclists has died, along with a cyclist in Sydney. Pity we never get to hear if the drivers get charged - especially in the Melb case where the guy hit 2 cyclists from behind and then took 600m to stop.

"Police have spoken to the driver of a Toyota sedan, a 31-year-old Mentone man, who stopped about 600 metres from the scene of the crash, but no charges have been laid" - no charges for killing somebody ..... lovely.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/two ... 45694.html

Return to “Conversation”